Duration: 2+ hours
Come work on your sewing, pattern, repair or other textile based projects with like minded folks. Textile Open Lab is also a great place practice and build your core textile skill set. Crafty Rachel will be on hand to help you get started or give advice on your current project.
Basic tools, materials and machines for sewing including a serger are available for folks to use at this lab. Every open lab has a general focus but is not limited to that topic.
Some things that get done during open lab:
- Experimenting with laser cutting fabric
- Creating open source patterns
- Basic repair and clothing reconstruction
- Installing zipper and other hardware into projects
- Build your skills with sewing 101 exercise kits (small materials fee per kit)
This open lab is has a casual format. For more formal classes please see specific events and workshops by The Crafty Avenger folks.
Current schedule of classes, including times and locations click here.
If you are interested in having me teach for your org or hold a event for your group please contact at [email protected].